SWIFT Jewellery Design
Somewhere between inspiration and reality, the whole world of jewellery gets created. This is where you learn to take imagination and transform it into a treasure.
As part of GIA’s SWIFT Jewellery Design course, you will learn the basic principles of design and composition. Understand the role of a jewellery designer, learn the type of settings and representation techniques. Gain the understanding that goes behind designing collections.
- Draw basic shapes - freehand and with stencils
- Render diamonds, coloured stones, and metal forms with colour pencils
- Learn basic counter sketching of rings, earrings, pendants, necklaces, and bangles
- Get insights into manufacturing and pricing of designs
- Learn how to create a mood board, theme board, word board, and rendered jewellery pieces
Ideally Suited For
- Entrepreneur wishing to build their jewellery business
- Jewellery manufacturer
- Any individual aspiring for a career in the gems and jewellery industry