At the very soul of the jewellery industry lies the designer who sees ideas come alive and become real. GIA's Jewelry Design Certificate course teaches you how to take your great ideas and illustrate them just like professional designers. In just nine weeks, have the creative and technical skills you need to begin your career as a custom jewellery designer. Also, have a portfolio of your work to show prospective employers and clients.
- Develop sources of inspiration
- Understand jewellery design theory and artistry
- Illustrate shape, form, and texture of metal
- Render faceted gems, pearls, coloured metals, etc.
- Learn traditional drafting techniques
- Develop motifs to create sketches of jewellery objects
- Create a portfolio of class projects and custom designs that is ready for presentation to potential clients and employers
Ideally Suited For
- Jewellery Designers
- Jewellery Manufacturers
- Any individual aspiring for a career in the gem and jewellery Industry