APPLIED JEWELRY PROFESSIONALTM PROGRAM
The Applied Jewelry ProfessionalTM program covers topics including jewellery designs, setting styles, jewellery care and other content that will support your product knowledge and provide excellent service to customers. This programme also introduces basic information about diamonds, rubies, sapphires and the GIA clarity grading system.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
- Describing how the 4Cs (color, clarity, cut and carat weight) affect a diamond’s value
- Examining the relationship between size and weight of diamonds
- Exploring the differences between treated, laboratory-grown and imitation stones to sell with full disclosure
- Understanding the steps of the jewellery sales process
- Translating jewellery design, style and manufacturing features into benefits
- Conveying the romance, lore and characteristics of the most popular coloured gemstones
POSSIBLE CAREER PATHS
- Jewellery Retailer and Wholesaler
- Retail Sales Professional
- Jewellery Manufacturer
- Loose Diamond / Coloured Stone Buyers and Sellers
- Any individual aspiring for a career in the gem and jewellery industry
Here is the topic covered in the AJPTM Program.
The confidence I have gained is unmatched. I am able to answer my customers’ questions with assurance and confidence.
GIA AJP, Kuwait
Established in 1931, GIA protects the public through gemmological research, education, impartial gem identification and grading services, and instrument development. The world’s foremost authority in gemmology and creator of the 4Cs, GIA sets the standard for determining the quality of diamonds and performs research-based identification of coloured gems and pearls. All of GIA's activities are governed by its mission to serve the public. Learn more.