SWIFT JEWELLERY DESIGN
Somewhere between inspiration and reality, the whole world of jewellery gets created. This is where you learn to take imagination and transform it into a treasure.
As a part of GIA’s SWIFT Jewellery Design programme, you will learn the basic principles of design and composition. Understand the role of a jewellery designer, learn the type of settings and representation techniques, gain an understanding that goes behind designing collections and qualify yourself to counter sketch after completing this programme.
- Draw basic shapes – freehand and with stencils
- Render diamonds, coloured stones, and metal forms with colour pencils
- Learn basic counter sketching of rings, earrings, pendants, necklaces and bangles
- Get insights into manufacturing and pricing of designs
- Learn about mood board, theme board, word board and rendered jewellery pieces
Ideally Suited For
- Jewellery Manufacturers
- Entrepreneurs wishing to build their jewellery business
- Any individual aspiring for a career in the gems and jewellery industry