Earn the most prestigious credential in the industry. GIA’s Graduate Gemologist Diploma Programme gives you comprehensive knowledge of diamonds and coloured stones you need to succeed any-where in the jewellery business. You will gain both, technical expertise and practical skills to evaluate diamonds by the GIA 4Cs (Colour, Clarity, Cut, and Carat Weight) and the GIA International Diamond Grading System™, and to identify and evaluate common and unusual gemstones.
The programme consists of two diploma programmes (Graduate Diamonds and Graduate Colored Stones).
- Judge and grade diamonds by the 4Cs
- Learn diamond identification and grading skills used by GIA
- Detect synthetics, treatments, simulants and fracture-filled diamonds and coloured stones
- Learn the characteristics of coloured stones, with a focus on ruby, sapphire, and emerald
- Identify more than 60 species of gemstones, distinguish natural gems from synthetics
- Grade gemstones using a Microscope, polariscope, spectroscope and other professional gemmological equipment
Ideally Suited For
- Diamond Manufacturer
- Jewellery Manufacturer
- Loose Diamond / Coloured Stone Buyer and Seller
- Jewellery Retailer and Wholesaler
- Lab and Research Professional
- Any individual aspiring for a career in the gem and jewellery industry